Urgent Solutions For Urgent Times
Nations United is a 30 minute YouTube show featuring the UN Secretary-General António Guterres and UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed, Malala Yousafzai, Don Cheadle, Michelle Yeoh, Forest Whitaker, Thandie Newton, Sugata Mitra and performances from Burna Boy and Beyoncé.
On the five-year anniversary of the SDGs, the video highlights some of the greatest challenges that still remain and presents a road map on how to solve them.
This film is a powerful resource to share with students aged 14+ to ignite conversation, spark ideas and unite a generation in taking action.
- Which of the solutions presented do you think will be easiest to achieve?
- Between 1990 and 2015, 1 billion people were lifted out of poverty. Do you think this is the best indicator of progress?
- Do you agree / disagree with these statements? Why?
- “Climate change is the single biggest threat to humankind.”
- “Poverty is a man-made problem.”
- “Protesting is the most powerful way to make change.”
Halftime Talk para los Objetivos Globales!
Plan de lección invitando a los estudiantes a #ImaginarGanando!